Saturday, October 9, 2010

A sad time

"we put our glass to the sky and lift up
and live tonight ‘cause you can’t take it with ya
so raise a pint for the people that ain’t with us
and live tonight ‘cause you can’t take it with ya"
-Mackelmore

Lesson of the week: there are no guarantees.  The veil separating our life from the inanimate  is thin.  I feel shock and sadness.  We are guaranteed nothing. We are owed nothing.  We can only live in great appreciation for what we have and who we love.

I appreciate that I knew Guy, that he was a part of my life, if but for a short while.  His life of kindness, community and love is an example for all of us . What an inspiring leader and friend.  I appreciate how he welcomed me to New-Unity. He had a knack for making one feel appreciated and valuable/valued.  I will miss him.  I send my love and sorrow to his partner and family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment