Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some thoughts on ageing

"If you're not getting happier as you get older, you're fucking up" - Ani Difranco

I went to the Ani Difanco concert tonight with Lana.
We had an awesome little corner of the venue surrounded by joyful people.
Ani was more spectacular than I could have imagined.  I mean I like her music ok, but her live is a whoooooole 'nother can o' beans!
Lana and I (and our happy little gathering of concert friends) swayed along, bopped along, sang along with fabulous tunes such as "both hands", "gravel" and (the final tune) "untouchable face"...and lots of new songs that aren't out yet that are really good!

By far the best line of the night was the one I have quoted above.  I think it could be true and I'm really trying not to fuck up.


No comments:

Post a Comment